Turn Signals, Hazards, dome lights, radio out - JeepForum.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 95_ZJ_Limited

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-14-2015, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
jcloldjeep
1997 ZJ 

Turn Signals, Hazards, dome lights, radio out

I have a 97 Grand Cherokee. Recently the turn signals, hazards dome light and radio stopped working.

With the engine on there is no power across the associated fuses. Fuse in the power distribution center is good. I switched the turn signal switch and flasher relay with no success.

When the headlights are on and the multifunction switch is pulled back and held back to turn on the high beams. As long as the switch is pulled back and the hazard switch is activated the hazards work. If the lever is down the left turn signals work and up the right turn signals work. Also the radio and the inside overhead lights only work with the lever pulled back. Just when you turn on the high beams not when you pull it back to turn them off.

If anyone could give me some direction where to check next it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Heep_Jeep

I have the same problem with my 1996 ZJ! We just pulled it out of storage replaced the axles-- it dives fine but I never check any of the lights or anything before we started (just didnt think of it, I guess?) and I never noticed the dome lights in the light of day. PLEASE share if you've found a solution! I've checked *ALL* fuses, relays, and tested the battery, entire fuse box, etc. I cant come up with anything right now. Been looking for 3 days!
post #3 of 5 Old 09-20-2016, 10:40 AM
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Happens in my 1995 when someone presses the rear overhead dome lights. My problem is always one 20amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. I don't question it, just change it
QMopar likes this.

1995 ZJ Limited. Lifted, AW4 & 4X4 swapped
Build Thread: Jeep Grand Hilton
Built Not Bought # 529
post #4 of 5 Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

If the quick fixes don't work. i.e. fuses etc. you probly have a bad ground on possibly a bad BCM

1995 ZJ Limited. Lifted, AW4 & 4X4 swapped
Build Thread: Jeep Grand Hilton
Built Not Bought # 529
post #5 of 5 Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM
QMopar
1995 ZJ 

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_ZJ_Limited View Post
Happens in my 1995 when someone presses the rear overhead dome lights. My problem is always one 20amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. I don't question it, just change it
Crazy - exactly what happened to our 95 ZJ last night. My wife went to turn on the rear dome light and the headlights went out. They were intermittent at best. Today I checked and cleaned the grounds at the R/F inner fender, cleaned battery terminals and checked what fuses I thought would be associated but to no avail. Searched the JeepForum and found this - It was one of the under hood 20A fuses. Thank you, thank you, thank you 95_ZJ_Limited!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.