apparently i never replied to this. In my zj, the ground that goes to each bulb is generated from the same singular source, therefor wouldnt make a difference. I tried it either way, with no luck.
Eventually I got to a point where I simply put a resister in line to the signals, basically letting the brake over-ride them. Not ideal, but for rear-side markers, not too bad. I was still unable to find any standard flashers, and I looked every where I could think of. possible computer generated? or maybe that relay clicking wasnt just the activation/trigger relay, but a funky version of the flasher? who knows, if anyone does, they should definitely put it somewhere here.
So I basically turned the rear vents into led sidemarkers...
Because the location i used these on is vents, and not a complete sealed casing, I didnt have to worry about any type of sealing issues like a lot of people have with additional exterior lighting. (The downfall is that because the vents are plastic painted on one side, you have to paint the other side so the light doesnt shine through the plastic itself, but only the outlets.) I used a random orbital disc sander on some scraps of 'ghost light' lenses from autoloc (really any flat lenses will do) to match the shape of each individual port. I used some heavy duty emblem adhesive (clear of course) to adhere the lenses in place, using masking tape to hold them while the adhesive dried. This actually worked better than you would think. Once done, I took some strands of LED tape and cut them to the length i needed, soldered my wiring points to create a single input point, then used the same adhesive to secure in place. I then covered them in clear silicone to make sure they were not damaged by water (you can buy the waterproof type, its just more expensive). Once dried, I wired them up as follows, tucked them back and tested them.
Park: resistor and diode
Tied these all together to one positive output to the LED, then of course, the factory ground.
I've already bypassed the rear lamp outage VIC issue, because mine was already going nuts and I had eliminated all other issues it could be. If this hadnt been done, I wouldve needed to do it because this WOULD make the VIC go bonkers.
Either way, I'm happy, it's subtle, but i like it.
Pretty dope conversion by the way, I think a couple more pics would be cool if you have them. thanks for the help
Last edited by 341012; 12-01-2011 at 12:07 AM.