turn signal ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > turn signal ?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
95grcher

turn signal ?

95 zj, all turn signals work and haz lites work also. What's weird is the left ts flashes really fast and i can't figure out why. Normally if you have one bulb out on a side it will flash fast like this, but they all work! What is going on?

95grcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

mine does it too. kinda annoying. i guess its a known issue that happens..
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
a70eliminator

I had some funny things going on with my turns also, I would get a light out indication on the VIC only sometimes my signals would flash abnormally fast. One day I noticed some condensation inside my tailight housing, there was a hairline crack in the plastic that I never even noticed, anyhow it had caused some corrosion in the bulb socket and I cleaned everything up and put some prteoleum jelly in the socket and it hasn't acted up again, knock on wood I still have the cracked housing on there.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
alexo1us

bad bulb or connection left side
mine was the little clearence bulb in the front housing was bad, just got old.I had to clean and bend the connectors for better contact.
01 Grand limited 4.7V8/QD
SFN Silver on Grey
alexo1us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
95grcher

I checked the clearance lights and i do have a 194 bulb out on the right and left front. If this is causing the prob on the left, why does the right work fine?
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
95grcher

I was going to pull the left front turn sig bulb to check the socket for connection. How do you remove the headlight assem to get to It?
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
a70eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95grcher View Post
I was going to pull the left front turn sig bulb to check the socket for connection. How do you remove the headlight assem to get to It?
You just have to pull out the lense itself, no need to mess with the headlight.
There are 3 philips screws to get out and the whole light will pull out with enough slack in the wiring to remove the bulb and socket, one screw is on the top in the corner there's one just below the headlamp and one comes in from the side, you really have to look to see them and a long handle screwdriver is your friend.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
95grcher

ok, thanks. Did that and bulb and socket looked good. Cleaned it anyway and put new dielec grease in. Went to check rear bulb and dropped it like an idiot. Bulb looks good but now won't work at all. I will run to town and get a new bulb and keep you posted.
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
95grcher

ok, all new bulbs and good clean sockets. Still does it. Could it be the flasher?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.