turbo vs supercharger 4.0 style - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > turbo vs supercharger 4.0 style

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
nekolin
1995 ZJ 

turbo vs supercharger 4.0 style

So yeah I've been debating between the two lately they both have there pros and cons but I wanted to get everyone else's opinions. if you have one tell me why you think yours is better then the other. If you don't have one but you want to add one tell me which and why. If you think its a stupid idea and think na is the best tell me why. either way give me which one you want or have and why its better then the rest. make model and reasons let's see who comes out on top.

nekolin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

In my opinion, a super charger would be a good set up for a wheeler. There is no turbo lag, but a small turbo wouldn't lag much. It would fit well in place of the ac compressor. My brother has an extra Eaton m90 for a 3.8 super coupe and an intercooler. It fits well in the engine bay and the intercooler would be good on top of the engine. Relocate the battery to the drivers side and the intake on the passenger side. I also feel the supercharger would be a bit better in terms of taking damage from dirt getting sucked in.

Also, a super charger wouldn't require major changes to the exhaust and would be a simpler set up with less piping.

If I had the money and time, that super charger would be on my 4.0
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
um7267
1998 ZJ 

with a m90, is that the same that the had supercharged Bonneville, and grand prix had? if it is then you could always have it in place of the power steering pump... but steering would suck after that
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

I know it was in the Thunderbird super coupe and the grand Prix. Idk about the Bonneville
But I wouldn't want it in place of the power steering. I enjoy that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.