Truck help?? ): - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Truck help?? ):

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Nj18msyoak
1995 ZJ 

Truck help?? ):

I have a 1995 grand Cherokee. The motor and trans are stock. Recently it's started slipping. It only does it when at 0-15 mph for the first five minutes or so. Its also leaking trans fluid. Not much. Not enough to make me have to fill it between oil changes. I heard that putting it in reverse and slamming the gas might help. Just want to know if anyone had any ideas. I also heard that it could be a little plastic clip in the trans. Again, it's a 1995 jeep grand Cherokee with 202,xxx miles on it. It's had it's fair share of bumps and bruises. But I want to keep him running without going broke!! Thanks guys.

Nj18msyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the trick. Crawl under the Jeep and remove the oil pan on the transmission. Empty out the oil, clean the magnet and the rest of the pan, install a new filter and gasket and reinstall the pan. Fill it to the proper level, it will take 3 or 4 quarts if I recall, and then drive it. Use the oil recommended in your owners manual.

This should help out significantly, but with over 200k on the clock, you are living on borrowed time.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.