No its not hard to replace. Unplug the connector, unscrew it. Put some teflon tape on the threads of the new one and do the reverse..
Its like $14 at autozone..
Theres actually two coolant temp sensors one at the back of the cylinder head and one at the front (The one that the computer uses is at the front, the back one is for the inside gauge)
Not saying its your problem but it is included in the array of startup sensors
I actually have a warm start problem, still unresolved
I found this info somewhere else..
Ignition Switch On:
This is an OPEN LOOP mode. When the SFI system is ACTIVATED by the ignition switch, the following actions occur:
* The PCM prepositions the idle air control (IAC) motor.
* The PCM reads atmospheric air pressure from the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor and calculates the basic fuel strategy.
* The PCM monitors the throttle position sensor (TPS) and engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor input. The PCM uses these inputs to modify fuel strategy.
* Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor is monitored.
* ASD relay is energized for 3 seconds.
* Fuel pump is energized for 1 second, unless engine is running or cranking.
* Oxygen sensor heating element is energized.
This is an OPEN LOOP mode. When the starter motor is engaged, the PCM receives input from:
* Battery voltage
* Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor
* Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
* Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
* Throttle position sensor (TPS)
* Camshaft position (CMP) sensor
* Starter relay
Based on these inputs the PCM will:
* Monitor crankshaft position sensor. If no signal is received within 3 seconds, the PCM will shut down the fuel injection system.
* Supply the injectors with a ground path, firing all injectors until the PCM determines crankshaft position.
* Determine proper ignition timing.
- Joe -
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires