tried everything in the search and i still cant get my lift gate open - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > tried everything in the search and i still cant get my lift gate open

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
StellaTheZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erek.Smith View Post
My lift gate didn't like opening, either, so we managed to get the plastic panel off (somehow) and we attached some steel wire to the latch arm (I think?) and ran it up towards the back glass. That way, if my lift gate doesn't want to function like it should, I can just pull on the steel wire and it releases.
When I got my ZJ, I took it apart to prevent these woes, and then I ran a strong string up through the hole for the cargo cover, and attached it to a chunk of rubber. Now I can open the hatch from inside when camping with a tub on that string.

StellaTheZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

What kind of tub U got on that string?

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
StellaTheZJ
1996 ZJ 

A lovely cast iron wash "tub," with the claw feet you know? Oh so proper for to clean up for morning tea, what!

StellaTheZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liftgate , liftgate stuck , rear hatch stuck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.