Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Transmisson Issue

733 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ghost41 
#1 ·
I've been having an ongoing issue with the tranny since it was serviced some 10,000 miles ago. At a cold start it takes a minute or two for the tranny to warm up and shift properly. Otherwise it slips and puts itself into what's been described as a limp mode. No first or second gear and no O.D. I can scan for codes and erase what's stored and the tranny is fine. However, this morning it happened again and I found P1784 on the scanner. Supposedly it's a low/reverse solenoid but there is little on the subject when I performed a search. I've taken it back to the shop to no avail. The filters are correct and so is the fluid. It's also topped off properly. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
similar problem

I had the same thing kinda going on with mine. here is what is was.

I had a small hole in my transmission lines( from rubbing together ). it was allowing air ti get into the transmission and aerate it. which made the dip stick look as tho it had proper level but was actullay low 7 eventually burned up the trans.

my advice is check your dipstick & see if it it has bubbles in it. if it does get it to a shop fast. ad what ever you do don't take it to one of the major chain transmission shops, take it to a smalltown shop that has a "old dude" in their workin on them, his knowledge is worth the money.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.