Transmission Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission Problems

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-28-2002, 09:48 AM   #1
JeepGuyRyan

Transmission Problems

My brothers 94 GC 5.2L AWD is shifting out of 1st gear at very low RPMs, even with the gas pedal all the way down. If i drop the gear selector into first, it will accelerate just fine, but in drive it shifts out of 1st at very very low RPMs, this just started about a week ago. The vehicle has just over 100,000 miles on it, has never seen any heavy duty useage. Transmission Fluid seems to be just fine, pink, no burnt smell to it. Is the tranny going out or are there other things I can try to fix it with?

Thanks.

Unread 07-28-2002, 08:46 PM   #2
Camster

it may be normal. mine only gets to about 4,000 rpms in first when it's floored. trust me these things aren't going to win any races.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2002, 09:52 PM   #3
JeepGuyRyan

it's not normal! trust me! if your thing shifts out of 1st at 1500 RPM under full throttle, there is definitly something wrong like in my case! even at light throttle it still shifts out of 1st at 1500!
Unread 07-31-2002, 12:43 AM   #4
rbbladers

Hey i have a 99 GC and the EXACT same problem happened to me. There are a set of cables from your ECu to your tranny. On mine these cables some how got cut and the ECU didnt know what the heck was going on. You need to take it to an honest prof. and ask him if these cables are cut or whatever. But immediateky when i fixed those cables it was back to perfect. Dont sweat it i did and it made me moserable. It cost me about 65 dollars to fix. ood luck, i hope that this is the problem.
rbbladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
FutureZJOwner

Camster, where did you find that off-roading trail that you were on at your site? Nice Jeep! How many miles does it have on it?

Take care
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #6
Camster

hey thanks man! i LOVE my jeep. it's a '96 limited with the 4.0 engine. it has about 73300 miles on it. the trail on in the link happened to be right by my best friends house so he knew about it. it's not really a 4-wheeling trail. by the stream you can see in the pics there is a sewer road thing that the city uses. and there is kinda a back way in that has turned into a lil playground. idk where you are located in NC but if it is anywhere near winston we should hook up sometime (when you get your jeep that is) keep in touch man. good luck!

cam_limp@yahoo.com

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.