Transmission oil pipe problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission oil pipe problem

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 09-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Odmark91

Transmission oil pipe problem

Hello! First of all, im from sweden and my english might not be the best sometimes, but i will try my best.

I have a problem with my -96 grand cherokee, i was out driving with a friend and we found a nice mudhole.

Started to drive trough but noticed that it was very deep so i reversed, and the car started smoking and the gearbox was slipping, i immediatly turned the car off and got out of it, quite a lot of transmission fluid on the ground.

It was raining quite bad and it was dark so i just disconnected the prop shafts and we towed it home.
The next day i noticed one of the pipes from the oil cooler was completely loose from the gearbox, the little plastic thing that holds the pipe was still there and was intact.

Talked to some jeep people and they said i should just put the plastic plug back in and the pipe after, so i did and it was really on there, couldnt move it at all.

Filled it up with oil, drove for a bit, then when i put it in reverse the pipe blew out again.

Im not very good with automatic transmissions at all, maybe you have a solution?

EDIT: I have also checked so that the pipes arent bent or flat, and blew trough them with an air compressor.

Odmark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Take some pics
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Odmark91

Will take pictures tomorrow! The only picture i have on my computer at the moment is the plastic plug that holds the pipe: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...830135454.jpg/ .

sorry you will have to copy and paste, cant seem to link the pictures properly
Odmark91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.