Transmission line problem,Please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission line problem,Please help

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
98ToughMudder

Transmission line problem,Please help

Hello guys,

I am a new member to the forum, And to the jeep world. I installed my radiator to my 98 jeep grand cherokee laredo, automatic, and the old transmission line that bolts up to the radiator isn't working with the new radiator, when i bolt up the trans line to the radiator, it bolts on fine but it leaks, my friend gave me the radiator with the jeep and the radiator is new, but idk if the radiator was for a v6 or v8, my truck is a v6. I just need to know what exact line i need which is the line that connects to the rad which is half metal half rubber, thats the one i need, the problem i had was that the bolt that bolts on to the radiator was to long for the inlet to connect to the fitting on the rad, so it would just pour out trans fluid. Can somebody help me figure this solution out so i know what i have to buy and have to do, thanks guys!!

98ToughMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

Not sure I'm following exactly what the problem is. Would vinyl tape work on the threads to keep it from leaking? If not, you could always just clamp a length of trans hose on the fitting with a worm clamp. That's what I ended up doing when I added an aux tranny cooler. No leaks or issues.

Finished 4x2 --> 4x4 conversion.
gothchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.