Transmission line cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission line cooler

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
djdoug99

Transmission line cooler

Changing out my radiator in my 96 ZJ and am having a very difficult time disconnecting the transmission cooler line, the one on the bottom, it says its a quick disconnect but It wont budge. It looks like it just slides down, but there is a white peice inside the retainer that sticks out with tongs on each side, do I grab these and do something with these?

Is there a special tool I need to do this or can I do it by my hand?

Last edited by djdoug99; 06-25-2007 at 09:37 PM..
djdoug99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Yardman Harry
O

1996 ZJ 

You need a set of plastic pieces that looks like this

Pick them up at Advanced or autozone for about 13 bucks for the whole set

Harry

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. I6 - 4.0 litre, 4" SL, D44 rear, 4:56 Gears, AA SYE with double cardon custom rear Drive Shaft, IRO Adj CAs, Kevins Rear Adj TB with JOHNNY JOINT end

1999 Mazda Miata MX5 - Jet Black

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 - 4.0 litre
White
~Junked~
Yardman Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
02_limited
2002 WJ 

I picked a set up like those. I assume they go over the rubber part, make sure it's tight fitting and apply a lot of pressure to pull of the rubber hose?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.