transmission fluid leaking from sensors? or wires? help :/ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > transmission fluid leaking from sensors? or wires? help :/

Currie RockJock Products!!This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
GenesisGirl
2000 WJ 

Hmmmmm....

GenesisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
LouC
2007 WK 

You been checking it in Park?
Just warm up the trans (drive it) stop, shift the shift lever through each position and end in Neutral, set parking brake and check it.
BTW, on the dipstick there are 2 small circles, they are the cold add and fill range marks. So if you have to check it with the trans cold (feel the fluid on the dipstick if its cool the trans is cold) you can go by them, and when it warms up (when the trans is hot, the fluid on the end of the stick will be very warm or too hot to keep your hand on) the level will be pretty close to fine. I usually get mine in the middle between add and full.
LouC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
GenesisGirl
2000 WJ 

No no, I always check it running in n.... It does say on the dip stick
GenesisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.