transmission cable and wiper arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > transmission cable and wiper arms

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #1
automan25

transmission cable and wiper arms

Okay, here's two unrelated questions for you all.

1. - How do I go about removing the wiper arms from my jeep? I need to remove them in order to remove the plastic air vent grille. There are a bunch of pine needles stuck under that grille.

2. - How do I adjust the throttle cable? This is the cable that goes from the passenger side of the throttle body down to the transmission. According to my Chilton manual you need to adjust this whenever you remove and reattach it. The Chilton manual says that I should:

a - Press the throttle cable button all the way down, then push the cable plunger inward.

b - Rotate the primary throttle lever to the wide open throttle position.

c - Hold the primary throttle lever in this position and let the cable plunger extend

d - Finally release the lever when the plunger is fully extended

My problem with this is that I cannot find the throttle cable button. has anyone else done this before?

Unread 01-05-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
MJR

Pull the wiper arms up then pull the little lever on the side then let them down and you should be able to pull them off.

I wouldn't adjust that cable. It doesn't need to be readjusted unless you have a problem. Just unclip it and pull it out then when you are down put it back in.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.