Transmission Adjustment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission Adjustment

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
automan25

Transmission Adjustment

Has anyone ever adjusted the bands on your automatic transmission? How often should it be done? My Jeep is shifting kind of sloppy and feels like it's slipping when it's cold, I was wondering if adjusting the bands might help firm it up.

Unread 06-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
Lodgepole

adjustment

Some transmissions need adjustment and some don't. Most are ready in the 30K to50K range. Depends a lot on how you drive. Factory claims 30K I think. Anyway, you should probably plan to change fluid and filter at the same time since some have adjustments inside the pan. Get the facts and the RIGHT fluid before you start. I hope shot bands aren't causing the problem.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.