trans wires cut..can someone look at there zj and tell me where they go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > trans wires cut..can someone look at there zj and tell me where they go?

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
dirtymissouri
1995 ZJ 

trans wires cut..can someone look at there zj and tell me where they go?

So somewhere along the journey this weekend, all if the wires have been cut. Clean. I don't remember doing it and I don't think I would do it. One of my buddies probably cut it when we were pulling the auto out. By the way- currently in the middle of an ax-15 swap.
If anyone is kind hearted enough to go take a gander at what color wires are coming From a few sensors I would be very thankful, after all thanks giving is coming up.

I believe the only sensors I need for this swap are:
Crankshaft position sensor
Speedometer (on the tcase? At least it is on the np231 I'm putting in it)
Reverse lights
Neutral safety switch

If anyone has done this swap please let me know if there are anymore sensors I'll need to be in for the jeep to start and run.

Here's more info on the swap if anyone's interested:
1995 ZJ 4.0 42RE to AX-15 from a 1991 (Cherokee?)
NP231J transfer case from an 89 Cherokee
Internal slave cylinder setup and master cyl for a 91 XJ
Clucth, fly wheel, pressure plate for 1991 XJ
Stock drive shaft setup with length adjustments made accordingly.
Some further advice on this swap would be helpful as well.

But minimally I need to know what color wires go to which sensor listed above if anybody is going be in that neighborhood of there jeep and doesn't mind taking a look for me.

Thanks in advance..
-Jacob

dirtymissouri is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.