trans swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > trans swap

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
greenjeepkeegan
1994 ZJ 

trans swap

Ok so the trans is going out on my 94 zj limited. So i plan on buying a new one from a jy. But was also looking at putting the manual trans in it. Has anyone done that and if so how hard was it

greenjeepkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
shaban
1996 ZJ 

Junkyard trannys: anything from another ZJ or WJ will fit, WJ's require some fitting and sensor swapping but thats easy.
Putting a manual is a big pain, you'd be better off buying a car with one installed.
ECU will have to be changed at least, plus some major fabbing to get the clutch pedal, shifter stick etc.
AX-15 is the manual that came with ZJ's, but only in 1993.
shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
greenjeepkeegan
1994 ZJ 

Alright thanks i appreciate the feed back
greenjeepkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.