Trans or motor mounts maybe?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans or motor mounts maybe??

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
JeffsJGC

Trans or motor mounts maybe??

I've got a 93 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2x4, auto, fairly good shape except for a few glitches. The problem I'm faced with right now is I've got a terrible idle when the vehicle is stopped but in either drive or reverse. I don't think the motor mounts are crap but I'm not 100% sure I looked at the right thing. I know tranny mounts could also be the reason, but can't seem to locate them. Just today I gave her a complete tune up, so I know that has nothing to do with it. Also, I am leaning more towards the tranny mounts because of the amount of lean when it is put into drive or park because of torque. Any help or past experiences???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.