Trans cooler & rear swy bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans cooler & rear swy bar

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 03-11-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
NuTone

Trans cooler & rear swy bar

I've been thinking about installing aux transmission cooler on my '95 GC 5.2 V8. There are many coolers available, any suggestions what kind cooler to buy? How to fasten it etc.
And does rear Addco swy bar really improve handling?
Thanks guys.

NuTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
Bob K

I would go buy one from a salvage yard. that will also answer your question about how to fasten it. You can get all the hardware with it.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #3
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTone
I've been thinking about installing aux transmission cooler on my '95 GC 5.2 V8. There are many coolers available, any suggestions what kind cooler to buy? How to fasten it etc.
And does rear Addco swy bar really improve handling?
Thanks guys.

I forget the name brand, but the kits they sell at Autozone work quite well. They are easy to install, and come with everything you need. They mount in front of your radiator using zip fasteners. The fasteners feed thru your radiator from the back, then thru the cooler, and have caps that lock the cooler in place. Of course there are stand-offs to keep the cooler off your radiator.
HTH

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.