Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trans cooler & rear swy bar

698 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Meerkat 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about installing aux transmission cooler on my '95 GC 5.2 V8. There are many coolers available, any suggestions what kind cooler to buy? How to fasten it etc.
And does rear Addco swy bar really improve handling?
Thanks guys.

#2 ·
I would go buy one from a salvage yard. that will also answer your question about how to fasten it. You can get all the hardware with it.

#3 ·
NuTone said:
I've been thinking about installing aux transmission cooler on my '95 GC 5.2 V8. There are many coolers available, any suggestions what kind cooler to buy? How to fasten it etc.
And does rear Addco swy bar really improve handling?
Thanks guys.
I forget the name brand, but the kits they sell at Autozone work quite well. They are easy to install, and come with everything you need. They mount in front of your radiator using zip fasteners. The fasteners feed thru your radiator from the back, then thru the cooler, and have caps that lock the cooler in place. Of course there are stand-offs to keep the cooler off your radiator.
HTH :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.