Tranny Trouble ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tranny Trouble ZJ

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 03-20-2001, 07:03 AM   #1
JimmyDinNapoli

Tranny Trouble ZJ

My Jeep is a 1995 Grand Cherokee, 4.0L, 4spd (42RE) with 110,000 miles on it. Everything is factory except for a set of Goodyear GSA 235x75R15s.

While cruising in the vicinity of the "Legal" limits here in Italy (130/KPH/81MPH) my Jeep will kick down into 3rd. This will happen on inclines, flat stretches and even downhill; cruise control set or off.

Any ideas on the remedy?

JimmyDinNapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2001, 01:36 AM   #2
JPMan-TJ

i talked with a few chrysler techs and was told that it could be the kickdown servo, the computer, the vehicle speed sensor even a faulty throtle position sensor. you might have these checked out
Unread 03-23-2001, 08:23 AM   #3
JimmyDinNapoli

Quote:
Originally posted by JPMan-TJ:
i talked with a few chrysler techs and was told that it could be the kickdown servo, the computer, the vehicle speed sensor even a faulty throtle position sensor. you might have these checked out
Thanks for the assist.
JimmyDinNapoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.