Tranny cooler line leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tranny cooler line leak

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
alivenkickin28
1995 ZJ 

Tranny cooler line leak

What do you guys recommend? I have a leak under the radiator at the quick disconnect line -- rather than have to replace the whole line, I thought about just cutting off the end and replacing with hose and hose clamps..is this a good idea or no? Im tryin to save from having to spend 50 bucks or more for a new line when its just the connector leaking - i don't use my jeep for offroad - its strictly daily driver.

alivenkickin28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
mbquart
2002 WJ 

I have the exact same issue right now. Interested to hear how it goes cause I think I am going to do the same thing. My understanding is this is a low pressure area which should hold up fine.
mbquart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Pbux690
1999 WJ 

x2 im having the same issue on my wj, at the bottom near the drainplug where the vent hose connects to??
Pbux690 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

This happened to me as well. I cut about an inch to inch and a half off the end of the hose and put two hose clamps on. Fixed her right up. Just make sure you get the clamps nice and tight

Front and rear Trailready bumpers, roof rack, IRO Rear long arms, and HD adjustable track bar for sale
WyoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
windsors03cobra
1999 WJ 

Get hose compatible with trans fluid and band/efi type clamps instead of the worm drive clamps. (wont dig into the hose like worms drives)

Napa FTW. $7
windsors03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
93JGC5.2L
1993 ZJ 

I've got a leak but its because of a hole in one of the hard lines. Anybody have a part number or know where I could buy them from? I wish I had a $7 NAPA fix.
93JGC5.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

cut a small piece out of the metal hosing use a Compression fitting that will be able to join the two metal pipes. there ussally used on brake lines.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.