Tranmission Swap out of Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tranmission Swap out of Cherokee

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 11-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Bishop92

Tranmission Swap out of Cherokee

My transmission in my 96 Grand Cherokee Limited (4.0 i6 4wd auto) recently went out, i've heard of people using the stronger transmissions out of Jeep Cherokees. But my questions are, will it bolt right up to the existing mounts, the engine, and transfer case? They are both i6's and auto trans.

Basically what im asking.
1. Would it mount to stock ZJ points on the engine block and transfer case
2.If not is there a kit i could buy?
3. And what specific model of transmission would i be looking at? And or the transfer case too.
4. Im baically looking for a beefer transmission swap while doing the least amount of electronic work.
5. Would the gas milage be the same?

If you can help at all that would be greatly appreciated, i don't wanna throw another stock trans in of its just gonna go out on me, this is my second one

Bishop92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.