Tranmission Fluid Dipstick Tube - HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tranmission Fluid Dipstick Tube - HELP

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
BliZZard911
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tranmission Fluid Dipstick Tube - HELP

I decided to check my tranny fluid last night and to my surprise, when I went to remove the dipstick, the entire tube lifted out. I could then hear my tranny fluid pouring out on the garage floor. I quickly got underneath and felt around to pop the tube back in the hole that it came out of to stop the flood.

Has this happened to anyone else? The tube end felt like it just had some kind of silicon or sealer around it where it met the tranny. Is it supposed to be welded there or not?

Any suggestions?

Oh, I have a '93 Grand Cherokee Limited with a 5.2L V8.

BliZZard911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Turbonut

The tube has an O ring where it enters the transmission, but it also has a bracket that bolts into the block to keep the tube from being pulled out. Follow the tube down to see the bracket and probably the bolt is missing, or the bracket is broken.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.