Trailmaster lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trailmaster lifts

Trailing Arms!JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Trailmaster lifts

http://www.trailmastersuspension.com...fMTM3835-40013 anyone ever hear any good about these lifts trying to compare my options here between lifts

SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
nnovickzj
1997 ZJ 

someone asked a few months ago and the general opinion was it wasn't very good and you were better off with a more known brand of lift for zjs
nnovickzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Trailmaster is a fairly well respected brand. Better known in the truck world than the Jeep world.

Having said that, the kit you posted is woefully incomplete. Just like every other cheap kit out there. One of the more complete kits on the market is the Rubicon Express SuperRide/SuperFlex. Even then you typically want to upgrade to adjustable arms and an adjustable front track bar with bracket.

Realistically, you are looking at $1,200+ (not including tires & wheels) to properly lift a Grand Cherokee 3.5-4.5" and get decent shocks.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

yea ive decided to go with iro
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
000shock
1994 ZJ 

I can't help but throw out my comments here since I'm treading similar waters right now...

I called trailmaster for a quote on their kit with the CGS shocks, and was unplesently surprised with the price and (potential) customer service. The kit is advertised at $425, and with tax and shipping to my buddies shop, total was pushing $600! After asking a few questions about the kit, I asked about any emergency services, military, or other discounts they might be able to offer and was almost cut off mid sentance and told no. I started to thank the guy for his help and he actually hung up without saying a thing before I could even finish. Highly doubtful that I will ever have to make that call again, as I won't be sporting their products in the future.

As far as IRO is concerned, I only have three words...Kolak, Kolak, Kolak. I called Nick months ago asking questions about my build and he had sound advice for all of my concerns. He likes IRO products because they are built stout and still a realitively small company, so they are more about satisfying their customers. I was planning on getting the 3.5 ($450) from him for my rig, but I ended up just getting front and rear track bars and bilsteins due to getting a deal on another kit. The only thing I wish were different with IRO is that they advertise all of their products as in stock, but it still took 2 weeks for my track bars to ship. Maybe theres a definition of "in stock" that just means you have to have the materials, not the finished product, but from the consumer perspective in stock means it ships that day or maybe the following day. Not 2 weeks after payment.

Finally, Rough Country. The seemingly redheaded step child of this site, and the kit that is going on my rig. I ended up making a couple calls to RC with questions, and I wasn't blown away with the reps knowledge, but he did answer as best as he could and didn't try to blow smoke at me. He sounded a lot like he might be the bosses son or something because he really could only answer with what the "book" said, but he was courteous and professional. When it came down to prices, RC ended up quoting slightly higher than the advertised price ($400) with a military discount and shipped to the shop. Not a real complaint to be had as of yet, and I know their quality is questionable is some eyes, but I know a few guys running their kits with 0 complaints. Time will tell I suppose.

I also will be sporting some Core 4X4 (ebay) adjustable front and rear upper control arms. Not a lot of reviews, but what I have seen so far has all been good. If I don't post anything about them in the future, remind me and I will.

Techno has it pretty pegged...all said and done, I'm going to be about $1250 deep with my ~4 1/4 lift. That's with the RC 3.5 and 3/4 spacers, adj. uppers and track bars, and Bilstein 5100's. I believe I have a pretty complete DD/weekend wheeler setup though, all to be installed next weekend! Can't wait!
Unread 06-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #6
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000shock View Post
I also will be sporting some Core 4X4 (ebay) adjustable front and rear upper control arms. Not a lot of reviews, but what I have seen so far has all been good. If I don't post anything about them in the future, remind me and I will.
Please do, i almost pulled the trigger on some of their arms before i found a cheaper deal used. I hope their as good as they look!

Sent from somewhere besides my computer

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
000shock
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674
Please do, i almost pulled the trigger on some of their arms before i found a cheaper deal used. I hope their as good as they look! Sent from somewhere besides my computer
So I got everything installed yesterday. I couldn't believe how heavy the uppers were! I have no doubt they will have no issues with strength in the upper or lower positions. Maybe someone that has ran them and had a failure will chime in, but it's install, adjust and forget in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.