Trailer Brake Wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trailer Brake Wiring

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 07-17-2002, 10:03 AM   #1
YBSTUK

Trailer Brake Wiring

i own a '97 Orvis 5.2L. i've heard theres a wire under the dash, that you can connect a trailer brake module to, so you can control a trailer with electric brakes thru the stock trailer wiring. Can anyone help me find this wire under the dash? where's it at? what color is it? is it labeled? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

YBSTUK

'97 XJ Stock (for now)
YBSTUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

My 93 JGC with the towing package had the trailer brake wire. If you call your jeep dealer they can look it up in the shop manual (i had one) and it shows the location. I had to run a wire from the battery thru a circuit breaker and thru the firewall to the brake module which I mounted just to the right of the stearing column. I found the wire that goes to the trailer wiring harness behind a little plastic panel on the side of the jeep (close to where your left foot goes while driving.) It was marked. It was a pretty simple install.

HTH
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.