Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail pics

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ben_wagner 
#1 ·
I just found some old pics from a run we did in late August and thought I share.

We headed out in the morning around 10. We had 2 ZJs, 3 XJs and 2 TJs all together. We went through some crazy stuff, finally got near the end of the trail, and a giant tree had fallen, blocking the path. But it was leaning on the hill right on the opposite side of the trail, so it was about 5 feet off the ground. Then came the rain...heavy, heavy rain for about 30 minutes. We were deep in the woods, so simply going around it wasn't an option. We waited for the rain to die off a bit, then one of the guys decided to find an alternate route by creating a "new" trail, a few trees selflessley gave their lives to provide us access to a way out. We had to climb a steep muddy hill to get out, but at the top was ANOTHER giant tree blocking the path; literally 80'-90' long. It was a little rotted so one of the XJs wrapped a chain around the nearest end and snapped it off using a nearby tree as leverage. Sorry, no pics of the fallen tree.:mad: We were out there for the better part of 6 hours. We all finally made it out, covered in mud and soaked to the bone. But it was worth it.:thumbsup:

You can see my ZJ in the background.

That blue clay was some of the nastiest stuff I've ever been through. Sticky sticky.

This will help show the rain we endured. Yeah, it was bad.

Nobody shot any pics after the rain, we were more concerned about finding a way out of there! Here's the last shot of us lined up. That's me standin' behind the white XJ.

See less See more
#7 ·
Neither of us ZJers had our cameras with us, so guess which Jeeps got their pictures taken.:rolleyes: I'll be sure to take mine next time around to capture some ZJ action.

#8 ·
So that was the one I missed out on :brickwall Looked like a good time :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.