TPS Voltage too low? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > TPS Voltage too low?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

TPS Voltage too low?

Since I've had my Jeep, I'll start it and once I take it down my driveway, it'll sputter and almost stall for a 1/2 mile or so. Once I give it some serious gas it'll all the sudden start to respond.

When it's idling in park or in drive with my foot on the brake the idle rpm's bounce around (+/- 150-200rpms from about 600 rpm) constantly, and when it has large drops it'll go to about 100-200 rpm's then jump back up. Once the problem goes away in the first few mins of driving it doesn't normally come back in that trip.

So I checked the TPS voltage and it starts at .8 volts with fully closed throttle, then at WOT it reads 3.84 volts. Seems a little low to me, but the voltage rose and fell smoothly. Anyone this think this could be causing my problems? I've already cleaned my IAC.

Unread 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

the idle voltage is a touch high, but still within normal range. the wot is a bit low, but still within suggested ranges.

idle should be between about .5-.7v and wot should be less than 4.5. hardly ever see any above 4.2-4.3 though.

any codes?

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

No codes, just trying to isolate the cause of this problem. I forgot to unhook the battery during the clean of the IAC so I unhooked it now and I'll see how it performs over the next couple days. The IAC was not very dirty though, barely any carbon buildup at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.