Towing U Haul Trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Towing U Haul Trailer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
btoz

Towing U Haul Trailer

I have an 01' GC 4.0 4WD with factory "Trailer Tow Group". I want to know if it is possible to tow a uhaul 6x12 trailer (empty weight of 1800lbs with roughly 1000lbs of household goods) from FL to MN. I towed a 5x8 (empty 900lbs) full down to FL from MN awhile back and would like to know how much more of strain it would be to jump up to the 6x12, if at all recommended.

btoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

It shouldn't be too much of a problem at roughly 2800LBS. I know the recommended max towing weight is at least 3500LBS and may be 5500LBS, check your owners manual to be sure. You should be OK. Have a safe trip.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.