post #1 of Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Beancounter

Towing - Prodigy Brake Controller

Hi! from a newbie to the post.

I have a question regarding towing with my 95 WJ. Got the factory installed tow package with the 5.2L V8.

We are purchasing a small camper trailer with electric brakes and have selected Tekonsha Prodigy as the brake controller. Not being a mechanical or electrical genius, I am looking for some technical advice. I see two pigtail bundles under the dash near the firewall and wonder if one of these connects to the Prodigy or if the wiring needs to be run separately.

Has anyone out there self-installed the Prodigy in their 95 WJ? If so, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

post #2 of Old 04-05-2004, 07:08 PM
N-SSA

On my 97 ZJ I had to run a separate power wire from the battery with an inline auto-reset fuse, as per the brake controller instructions (Voyager). As I recall the trailer tow wiring bundle had everything except the power wire.

BTW a 95 would be a ZJ, 99+ is WJ.
post #3 of Old 04-06-2004, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Beancounter

Thanks for the reply. You can spot a novice every time can't you! I realized my ZJ/WJ error as soon as I posted - but I appreciate the correction anyway.