Towing - Prodigy Brake Controller - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Towing - Prodigy Brake Controller

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-05-2004, 04:11 AM   #1
Beancounter

Towing - Prodigy Brake Controller

Hi! from a newbie to the post.

I have a question regarding towing with my 95 WJ. Got the factory installed tow package with the 5.2L V8.

We are purchasing a small camper trailer with electric brakes and have selected Tekonsha Prodigy as the brake controller. Not being a mechanical or electrical genius, I am looking for some technical advice. I see two pigtail bundles under the dash near the firewall and wonder if one of these connects to the Prodigy or if the wiring needs to be run separately.

Has anyone out there self-installed the Prodigy in their 95 WJ? If so, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #2
N-SSA

On my 97 ZJ I had to run a separate power wire from the battery with an inline auto-reset fuse, as per the brake controller instructions (Voyager). As I recall the trailer tow wiring bundle had everything except the power wire.

BTW a 95 would be a ZJ, 99+ is WJ.
N-SSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
Beancounter

Thanks for the reply. You can spot a novice every time can't you! I realized my ZJ/WJ error as soon as I posted - but I appreciate the correction anyway.
Beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.