Touch Up Paint? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Touch Up Paint?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 06-05-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
TSFSU

Touch Up Paint?

I have a lot of really small, minute scratches that I was thinking about repairing with some touch up paint. The thing is, I don't know what the name of the color of my WJ is and where to buy the touch up paint for it. It's a dark red/burgundy and is a '99 Limited. I looked at a WJ color chart and the closest match is Sienna Pearl Coat, but Sienna Pearl Coat wasn't on Jeeps until later years.

So does anyone have any idea what color my jeep is and where i can get touch up paint for it?

Tom

TSFSU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2004, 02:23 AM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

Sienna Pearl Coat was available on the 1999. To find your color code, open up your driver-side door and locate the VIN tag on the bottom left corner of the door (if you were looking at the door from sitting in the seat). there will be a place on there that says "paint code" i think...should be just under the bar code.

Once you pull that, here are the color codes for all the available maroonish reds for 1999 -

Chili Pepper Red Pearl - EA or VEA
Sienna Pearl Clearcoat - UL or WUL

once you get what color you need, you can get in contact with www.paintscratch.com. They'll have what you need. They'll color match perfect.

You can also get touch-up paint from the stealership, but since 2002 was the last year they offered that color on the Grands, they may or may not have touch-up paint for you.
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #3
xxxflhrci

Take your vehicle to a auto paint supply store. They will get the code for your or scan the vehicle if fading is an issue. Ask for a pint of their cheapest single stage paint. I had a pint of Omni brand mixed up for touch ups a while back. It cost about 10 bucks. You can use either fine artists camel hair brushes or the back of a paper match with good results. Forget about those little bottles of touch up paint the dealer sells. You get less than a ounce for nearly ten bucks and the stuff will dry up and thicken quickly after you break the seal on it making touch ups later down the road hard to do.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #4
TSFSU

Alright Thanks guys.

Tom
TSFSU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
infinity

Also, the paint code for your jeep should be on the sticker on the underside of the driver side door. It has information such as the factory tire/rim size, vin number, the paint code, trim code, and some other stuff. At least that's where it is on my 98 ZJ. The paint code will look something like "PNT PS4", so you'll go look up the actual color from the code. (PS4 for Chrysler 1998 is "Bright Platinum" for me). Hope this helps.
Unread 07-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
LBX2G

yo i got rust on the front panel like right where it meets the door it. The ? i am have is will it rot out. I just put soem touch up paint on it to cover it.
LBX2G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2004, 11:58 PM   #7
Dalmask

I'd highly recommend getting the rust out. A steady hand with some sandpaper or a sanding pen (like sold at http://www.langka.com/newsite/index2.html ) will save you a headache later on.

-Dal
Dalmask is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.