Too much bling? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Too much bling?

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
Radiac

Too much bling?

Has anyone painted their grill gold. Mrs. Radiac's ZJ is the Hunter Green with the gold trim. I need to do some work on the front and was wondering how it would look, the grill is faded now, so something has to be done.

Whaddaya think . . . too much bling, just plain ghey, or might look OK?

[B]Hers: 2004 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B]
[URL=http://simpson260.com/hosting/jeeps/04jeep.htm]Pictures Here[/URL]
Radiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

IMHO that's a lot of Bling but you're talking to a guy who got rid of his pimp daddy gold, so I wouldn't add any. Looks out of date, again IMHO.

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
tcourdin

Prepare to be flogged!! These guys on here dont like bling from what I have seen. IMHO I wouldnt paint it gold either.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
matt.x
1995 ZJ 

err ... that does sound a little bling-ish to me ...

conjures thoughts of a certain model of lexus ...

how bout another coat of whatever was on it originally? or maybe some rhino liner?

Matt
Red Jeep Club Member #237
matt.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
Test
2007 WK 

too much
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you need to ask if something is too much bling....well....

Seriously though...do what you want to with it, and make sure that it keeps the MRS happy. I'm not a big fan of gold trim on any vehicle, but hey...I ain't your wife, so you don't have to keep me happy!

Before I did the black wheels, lift, and bedliner mods to my Dakota, most people that I talked to thought I was insane. As I was grinding off the light-colored paint on the lower body panels in prep for the bedliner application, a guy I worked with came by and said "wow...I remember when this truck was worth something." Once it was all finished, almost all the people that had been naysayers before suddenly changed their minds and decided they liked it. I've gotten nothing but compliments since then.

So if you've got an idea for it, play with it and see what happens. Worst case is that it turns out bad and you end up buying a new grille.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
GroundClearance
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah its a Jeep dont "bling"it, Make its redneck
'94 Grand Cherokee ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006
'47 CJ2A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knatdog55
matt, you are a dirty hooker, deal with it....
U.S. NAVY JEEP HULL # 41

TGC4x4 NOW WORKING
GroundClearance is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.