Tires/Wheels question: Stock vs 3" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tires/Wheels question: Stock vs 3" lift

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
w00t_Masta
1997 ZJ 

Tires/Wheels question: Stock vs 3" lift

My jeep is currently stock and needs some new tires. I would like to eventually get a 3" lift but need the tires now. Would I be able to put some new wheels/tires on my unlifted jeep that would work well/look good when lifted? I think I like a little wider tire but don't want to spend way too much money. Any suggestions about a good fit is appreciated.

thanks,

w00t

w00t_Masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
coupleofjeeps
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i would either a) hold out till your ready for the lift or b) buy some cheap used tires to get you...
but thats just me... with that amount of lift you're talking about moving up a couple inches in tire so think wisely about how you spend the $$
coupleofjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
w00t_Masta
1997 ZJ 

good call on the cheap used tires to get me by.....completely forgot about that.

thanks,

w00t
w00t_Masta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.