Tire Fitment Question On 98 ZJ Up Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tire Fitment Question On 98 ZJ Up Country

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
loveydovey0519
1998 ZJ 

Tire Fitment Question On 98 ZJ Up Country

I've got a 98 ZJ up country edition that I just added a 2.25 inch 4wheelcustoms budget boost on with Rubicon shocks. Would I be able to run a 285/75/16 tire, or would that be going a bit to big and causing a lot of rubbing issues. I know all suspension acts differently on cars, I'm sure some trimming would be needed. Or should I just go ahead and get a 265/75/16 tire. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find any information on this question.

loveydovey0519 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Well, according to the sticky...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...9/#post8113788

In my experience I have the UpCountry as well (no sag on mine) and I added 2" pucks. I am running BFG 31x10.50x15 with minimal tread on 5.9 wheels. I have no clearance issues except the control arms at full lock of the steering. And I've stuffed mine to the point opposite corners were off the ground. Mind you, I've never run disconnected.

For 285's you're going to need another inch to inch and a half lift (265 16's = 31" 15's, 285 16's = 33" 15's).
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

I have 32x11.50R15 on my stock '93 5.2L with Upcountry.
Stock wheels, 1.25" wheel spacers, and no rubs as far as street driving.
Gotta make some time to put in my 3" lift & control arms so I can go wheelin' with the 32s on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.