Timing and vibration problems! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Timing and vibration problems!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 05-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
sccoupe30

Timing and vibration problems!

How is the timing changed on the 4.0? I have to run plus all of the time and high test when pulling a trailer. It pings like it needs the timing backed off. If this cannot be done, what is another solution? This thing should be able to run 87 octane. Next question. I have a vibration in the front end. You really feel it above 50 mph. Ive put new tires all the way around and changed all 5 of the U-joints up front. What else is a common problem on these?

Thanks all!

sccoupe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2002, 09:29 AM   #2
Big Dumb White Guy

did you get an alignment? maybe try rotating the tires. i know they are new but ya never know......

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2002, 06:37 AM   #3
head27

well i try what he said...also maybe a bent rim or try so tighten everything on the suspension..that was my problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.