timing chain and sprockets? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > timing chain and sprockets?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

timing chain and sprockets?

hey guys' i was wondering if any of you have used the timing chain and sprocket kit from the mopar performance catolog? part number for the kit is P5249267. it is a double roller. and it comes with no warrenty. i am kind of skeptical if ti would work for my 5.2l. i was also looking at the timing chain tensioner that they have for it and wether or not it would work. the part number for that is P5007709. just was wondering what you all thought and if some of you have installed or worked with them. thanks for the input in advance.

-Kevin

ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Snowfan2
1998 ZJ 

I got mine at NAPA and did not install the tensioner. Next time I will get Hughes parts with a tensioner which deletes the thrust plate IIRC.

Don't know about the Mopar parts.
Snowfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.