Time for the build on project chaos - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Time for the build on project chaos

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
SHOCKER
2001 WJ 

Time for the build on project chaos

I have got exhaust and intake done on my 01 4.7 (selec-trac) WJ. I am now looking/ reading/ researching, and reading up on lift's tires and wheels.

I'm not going to e taking hard core trails or extreme lines or anything, not with this wj.

I have been looking at a Iron Rock Offroad suspension lift with fron/ rear adj. control arms, and adj. jks track bar.
I have been lookign at these lift all on 32's

SUSPENSION
IRO 4" w/ 1.5 spacer... ACOS on the front for a future ARB
IRO 4.5"
and the TERAFLEX 4/4.5" lift kit

I am not sure about tires or rims yet. I know I want to run a Cragar black street lock style rim and and 32'' tire.

WHEELS-Can I run a 15" rim or will I need a 16" because of the brakes
- What back spacing will I need

TIRES
I am going to be up in boone and the longest I will be riving will be 3hrs to school and to hom on highway. So for tires I need something that will be great on the highway..but also as important in the snow/ ice. As well as some crawling and mudding. I might ave to go with 2 sets of tires. What tires o yall reccomend, I have only use procomp Xterrains and haven't had a problem. The WJ will be driven a couple times a week TOPS. Except for school breaks and the summer.

Lockers
I fo have a selec trac so I will be lookign to throw some lockers in here soon not looking for anything fancy or an air locker, i have had front and rear loc-rite lockers on my SELEC-TRAC ZJ for a lil bit now and worked out pretty good. For ice, snow, mudd, crawling, and highway what do yall suggest?

Thanks for any help guys!!!

Rusty's 4.5" coilsl Rusty's SS l Rusty's adj. trac. l Rusty's adj. LCA's l Skyjacker Hydros l Cragar 15" streetlock wheels l 31" Destination M/T's l Flow 40 series l K&N 77 series intake

Last edited by SHOCKER; 07-13-2007 at 09:17 PM..
SHOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yo - I'm in Boone. Hit me up if you need a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

A 15" steel wheel will work but you need 4" or backspacing or less. Too much and you will rub the caliper.

Because you have the V8, you have the D44a in the rear. That means Aussie Locker is your only choice. Your front locker will work though.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.