tie rod/drag link flip? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > tie rod/drag link flip?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
normes
2000 WJ 

tie rod/drag link flip?

I purchased new rims that have less back spacing and I have read somewhere that you can put the tie rod and drag link on top of the knuckles instead of on the under side to move them up farther away from the ground. But as I look it appears that if I flip the drag link the other way the bend will face the wrong way wont work. I believe that someone did this on mall crawling but I cant find it. If not where can I find the tie rod end link that is the opposite way?

Unread 06-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

I think this is what you're looking for...http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7615

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

i know IRO makes their own stronger and over the knuckle (OTK) tie rod, but is like twice the cost of a JKS tie rod. is anyone even running IRO's OTK tie rod? just wondering how much more clearance it gives.
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I plan on ordering it here in the next couple months. I have had a couple different threads about it and the heim joints it uses.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.