Throwing PO1757 (Transmission), and P0320 codes? Electrical problems... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Throwing PO1757 (Transmission), and P0320 codes? Electrical problems...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
AllGoNoShow

Throwing PO1757 (Transmission), and P0320 codes? Electrical problems...

1998 Laredo with the 4.0L

I have had constant electrical problems with the car for the past few years. A bunch of false codes and stalling issues which were then fixed for a while when I brought it to a dealership two years ago and they replaced the entire computer.

Last year I had a couple codes (don't remmember what they were exactly) for the tranny solenoid/governor pressure sensor. I replaced both with Mopar replacements(also did the filter/fluid at this time) and the codes were gone and vehicle drove fine.

Had some wandering idle/surging issues at highway speeds (it feels like at highway speeds the torque convertor is locking/unlocking causing the RPMS to jump up a couple hundred rpms for a second) come back late last year, brought it to a dealership, and they said it was a bad IAC/TPS (TPS had been replaced like a year earlier). I replaced both of these with MOPAR equivalents. Problem did not get any better originally then magically after just driving for a couple weeks all the problems went away.

During this summer the surging at highway speeds came back. I have just learned to live with it. But now it is throwing the code P1757 and P0320. Any ideas on where to start? From researching it looks like the 320 code is a bad crankshaft sensor. While that has been replaced before I am just going to replace it with a MOPAR equivalent (and a camshaft sensor while I am at it). What is the P1757 and how do I fix that? (like I said I already did the sensor/solenoid in the tranny thing.

Any tips/hints would be appreciated.

AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

1757 is gov pressure sensor... specifically "Governor Pressure Above 3 psi at 0 MPH"

one of the following is happening

1 the sensor you put in is already going bad
2 gremlins/random fluke code
3 something is seriously wrong with the transmission

common symptoms of a P1757 affect the shifting... high shifts, erratic shift behavior, transmission going into limp mode
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
AllGoNoShow

Of course after I posted this the engine light went off and everything has been fine (its not even doing the rpm surge thing on the highway).

The weather has changed and it has been cooler the past few days. Interestingly enough this problem started when it was getting warm this summer (it did not do it in winter).

Any idea on why the temperature would affect it like this?
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.