throttle cable - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > throttle cable

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Nashville4x4
1998 ZJ 

throttle cable

Whenever i punch the gas, a little plastic piece keeping the throttle cable tight pops out of place. its an easy fix everytime it has happened, but i am curious should it be glued down or something? should i put like a ziptie on it or something?

Thanks Fellas,

Nashville

Unread 07-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Sounds like the clip is either broken or worn out. I doubt glue will help since it has to move and pivot with the throttle cable. A zip tie may help you get by but it sounds like you need to replace the cable assy. If you come up with something to keep it in place just make sure it can't interfere with anything and possibly cause the cable to stick or hang the throttle open.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.