Thoughts on grille guard? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Thoughts on grille guard?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #16
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk92XJGuy View Post
So this happened last week.. Van in front of me had a tow hitch, backed into me, snagged the bumper, ripped everything off.

I received my check from insurance to fix this. Now an aftermarket bumper will be getting purchased, opposed from the push bar I was planning on.

I'm looking at this since I like the look and it protects everything. Haven't read much about it.. But for $675 I could pick it up. Anything else out there that's either similar to this? Looking for full front end protection, don't need a winch mount.
http://tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAG-Bu...e-ZJ-1993-1998

Well that sucks but at least you will get some cash. Do some research on TAG. They do not have a good reputation from what I have found. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/t...nyone-1333582/

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #17
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Well that sucks but at least you will get some cash. Do some research on TAG. They do not have a good reputation from what I have found.
That's what I read.. One of the guys almost bought the bumper off CSL and read the fine print and that it's just a bare bumper with no guard. I emailed TAG and they said the grille guard is additional $175, which would be OK. But another reviewer said the welds aren't very good..

I just want something that protects the whole front end. Although I feel like just a beefy bumper that sticks out a bit would protect the guard/headlights, right? Depending on the accident I guess?
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #18
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Think I might do this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...d260ec&vxp=mtr

With that second picture that has that prerunner setup..
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
dbmorris99
1997 ZJ 

here is my 97 ZJ with the Go Rhino Brush Guard. the best craigslist buy I have found so far got the front and rear guards for 50 bucks
jeep-brushguard.jpg  
dbmorris99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #20
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...rrier-1196306/ the fun stuff starts at pg 4.. WOW..
Wow... Avoid TAG at all costs... Chances are extremely likely that you will be scammed or royally screwed over.. You can pick up a full ARB for less than theirs anyways..
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #21
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk92XJGuy View Post
Think I might do this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...d260ec&vxp=mtr

With that second picture that has that prerunner setup..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...rrier-1196306/ the fun stuff starts at pg 4.. WOW..
Wow... Avoid TAG at all costs... Chances are extremely likely that you will be scammed or royally screwed over.. You can pick up a full ARB for less than theirs anyways..
Yeah, I've decided to not go with it. Between hearing what you guys said and the weld quality isn't very good, I'll go with something else.

I'm thinking of doing that bumper I quoted from eBay, in the Prerunner style. I think it'll ne $695 shipped.. Are there any other nice Prerunner style bumpers that I may have missed?
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #22
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

KOR does a nice tube prerunner-style:
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/zj...stinger-p-621/
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #23
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I saw that. I'm at stock height for right now. I'll more than likely do at least a BB later on, but I don't know if that's too much bumper for a stocker
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #24
cekmgreen
1998 ZJ 

whiteout are your bumpers home grown or did you purchace them im looking into something for the front and a rear with a tire carrier but dont want to spend and arm and a leg
cekmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #25
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

If I get the Proto tube prerunner, how silly would it look at stock height? I'd do a BB, but I just bought stock sized AT3s. I could lift it but I'd have stock tires.. Would it look bad?
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #26
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekmgreen View Post
whiteout are your bumpers home grown or did you purchace them im looking into something for the front and a rear with a tire carrier but dont want to spend and arm and a leg
dont expect a tire carrier bumper for less than ~$900 new. You may find them used under that, or you'll be stuck doing some fab work. I've been looking for a while and that's about the cheapest I've found. Even the JK and TJ guys say it can't really be done.. Although, if you do happen to find one, pass it along for us!!
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

This arrived today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.