Thinking of Buy a GC, have a few questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Thinking of Buy a GC, have a few questions...

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-20-2003, 02:57 PM   #1
Beeker

Thinking of Buy a GC, have a few questions...

first of all, I need to say, I am a chevy.GM thourogh bread, I currently own an 89' S-10, bagged, 350 V8 conversion, ect. But Im looking for a better daily/work vehicle. Im currently driving my Brothers GC well hes outta town, and I love it, A lot. I always thought gas mileage would go down w/ a v8 and AWD, but it doesnt. his is a 2001 GC Limited, all black, running boards, leather, Sun roof, the works. and Im really happy with its handling, Acceleration, and overall comfort to drive. so, ON with my question-

next summer Im doing a regional LAN tour, and I have to pull a trailer. does anyone/has anyone pulled about 2600LBS worth of trailer with the GC, and how well does it do it? by how well, I mean, whats your gas mileage like, your obviously gonna loose some control, acceration(one thing I was REALLY surprised at) and stuff, but how does it feel over-all towing wise? or my other idea is a Dodge Dakota RT with 5.9. Any Help would be greatly apprecaitted. thanks ahead of time, Ill be back here if i get one for sure! lotsa useful info.

Unread 06-20-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
spichman510

I hauled my 3000 pound boat trailer with my 95 laerdo I6 and did just ok, uphills not so great and typical hauling problems, but the 5.9 GC is a dream to haul; very very strong all around. The durango and the 5.9 have pretty much the same enigne both made by Chrysler and all.

-'98 5.9 Grand Cherokee-[/B]
spichman510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 10:03 PM   #3
Ryan2son

I pull ~4500 lbs and have NO PROBLEMS.

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
4x4, 4.7 V8, Quadratrac II, Loaded

A Hail the Mighty Philadelphia Eagles!
Ryan2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 05:55 AM   #4
Camster

2600 should definitly give you no problems. expecially with the V8.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 09:23 AM   #5
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

I have towed 4000 ish pounds before with very little problem..
definatly look for the V8 if you plan on towing.. The gas mileage difference between I6 and V8 is minimal and you loose alot of towing capacity..
You will love your Grand..
Unread 06-22-2003, 09:51 AM   #6
Beeker

Thanks guys.I appreciatte all the help. im gonna stick around on the forums a bit, see what I can find

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.