Think I'm bailing out on my lift project - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Think I'm bailing out on my lift project

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Reply
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
So a rebadged and upmarked skyjacker lift?


if you have an 04 WJ why wouldn't you just use that?

3.5" lift and 31s looks silly. 32s i guess is ok.

2" and 31s looks like it should have from the factory. it will still be stockish and look decent.

i'd still tow with the WJ anyways.
yeah, I hear yeah. Is that Mopar lift made by Skyjacker? I didn't know that. Interesting.

__________________

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler
 
JohnnyZJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,162
they used to be. don't know why they'd change.

but ya. i'd just take the WJ. a pop up isn't the hardest thing to pull but still. i'd take the newer vehicle just regardless.
__________________
92 YJ ~ stage 1; 33" super swampers, 4" lift locked 5 yr plan is 8.8/44 and 37s

05' WK Hemi limited ~ family hauler

RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
they used to be. don't know why they'd change.

but ya. i'd just take the WJ. a pop up isn't the hardest thing to pull but still. i'd take the newer vehicle just regardless.
Have to toss a new fan in that this weekend. I have a feeling we'll take that most of the time because it has AC and the 97's AC doesn't work.

I talked to my dad last night about the age of the truck and the concerns that I had with lifting it, and he told me not to be a wimp..

He's almost 71, and pretty much said he'd help me fix it if something blew up. My dad's an awesome guy.
__________________

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 15,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
Have to toss a new fan in that this weekend. I have a feeling we'll take that most of the time because it has AC and the 97's AC doesn't work.

I talked to my dad last night about the age of the truck and the concerns that I had with lifting it, and he told me not to be a wimp..

He's almost 71, and pretty much said he'd help me fix it if something blew up. My dad's an awesome guy.
I don't think you are going to blow anything up. I lifted my 95 5.2 to 4.5 with 33's and beat the hell out of it for years. Surprisingly never broke the D35 but did shred the D30. The 46RH is a strong tranny and never had to mess with it the whole time I owned it up to 225k miles.
I would just try to take care the the 42RE as best you can and go for it. No drag racing.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #20
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I don't think you are going to blow anything up. I lifted my 95 5.2 to 4.5 with 33's and beat the hell out of it for years. Surprisingly never broke the D35 but did shred the D30. The 46RH is a strong tranny and never had to mess with it the whole time I owned it up to 225k miles.
I would just try to take care the the 42RE as best you can and go for it. No drag racing.
I have 125,000 on my 4.0 ZJ so in 4.0 miles it's still a baby. I did a new filter and a total tranny flush (using a pail) over the winter, and replaced all of the cooling components.

Cooling wise it should be fine.
__________________

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #21
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 15,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
I have 125,000 on my 4.0 ZJ so in 4.0 miles it's still a baby. I did a new filter and a total tranny flush (using a pail) over the winter, and replaced all of the cooling components.

Cooling wise it should be fine.
The cooling should be good for years if it's all new. No worries there. I did that to mine after I got it because it would really suck getting stranded in the desert.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.