TheSandman's Washer Reservoir Relocation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > TheSandman's Washer Reservoir Relocation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
TheSandman
2004 WJ 

TheSandman's Washer Reservoir Relocation

I recently went trail riding and decided to take my stock reservoir out to prevent it from being ripped out. After that, I figured I mine as well do the ZJ washer reservoir mod. I went out to the junkyards and picked up one to install, I was planning on installing it beside the master cylinder as I still have the stock airbox. After doing some trail fitment, I wasn't happy with it, so I went back to the junkyard to come up with an idea on what to use. I settled on a washer reservoir out an 80's fullsize GMC/Chevrolet truck. The good thing about these reservoirs is that there is no pumps mounted on the tank, the pumps are mounted outside the tank and picked up the fluid from the cap with a rubber hose, it's perfect. I drilled 2 holes on the side of the tank for the pumps, I chose not to use the level sensor, 1 because it would have gotten a little tight and 2 I couldn't get it out resevoir. The next problem I had was mounting it, it needed to be spaced out from the fender enough so the hood strut didn't hit it, and low enough so it wouldn't hit the hood. I used 3 3/8" thick solid aluminum stock and 10-32 screws. I also drilled holes and used rivnuts, which are squeezed like rivets and are threaded on the inside. If you wanted to use nuts and bolts, you can access the holes if you take out the inner fender, but I wanted to use the rivnuts for ease of removal. Here's the finished product and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Eventually I am planning on painting the aluminum block. What I like about my method the most is I can use the stock pumps and don't have to modify the wiring harness!

Unread 07-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job

Eventually Im going to have to do that.
Unread 07-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Nice job! Moving this over to tech.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
TheSandman
2004 WJ 

thanks guys
Unread 07-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Volcom02Wj
2002 WJ 

Looks good! You did a nice job!
Volcom02Wj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.