Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 11-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
logik23
1998 ZJ 

Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights?

Here is deal, a few weeks ago, my girlfriend borrowed my 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited and backed it into another car.

Thankfully, the only damage was a broken taillight so she bought me a new one and I installed it, no biggie.

The problem is that a few days after I installed it, I was loading stuff in the back and something caught my attention....the OEM taillight was smoked, it had a light tint on it and the aftermarket one I had just installed had no tint on it at all so the colors were brighter.

So I thought maybe the 5.9 models had smoked taillights or something so I called 4 different auto parts places plus the dealer and they all told me the ZJ only has 1 part number for a left taillight. And no one has them in stock so they can't check if it's tinted unless I buy one and they order it.

Now I looked online and found this website which has 2 different models, both OEM and from the pictures, 1 looks tinted. Am I seeing things? What's the deal??

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - Tail Light - For 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 8 Cyl 5.9L

logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

to me, it doesnt look tinted, it looks like the lenses are different. the first two have a 'clear' lens while it looks like the second two have a lens that is more opaque.

there could have been a design change that isnt registering at the parts store..........

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
logik23
1998 ZJ 

It's not a dark tint, just a really light tint, like this:

logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.