Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
logik23
1998 ZJ 

Are there OEM tinted/non tinted ZJ taillights?

Here is deal, a few weeks ago, my girlfriend borrowed my 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited and backed it into another car.

Thankfully, the only damage was a broken taillight so she bought me a new one and I installed it, no biggie.

The problem is that a few days after I installed it, I was loading stuff in the back and something caught my attention....the OEM taillight was smoked, it had a light tint on it and the aftermarket one I had just installed had no tint on it at all so the colors were brighter.

So I thought maybe the 5.9 models had smoked taillights or something so I called 4 different auto parts places plus the dealer and they all told me the ZJ only has 1 part number for a left taillight. And no one has them in stock so they can't check if it's tinted unless I buy one and they order it.

Now I looked online and found this website which has 2 different models, both OEM and from the pictures, 1 looks tinted. Am I seeing things? What's the deal??

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - Tail Light - For 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 8 Cyl 5.9L

logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

to me, it doesnt look tinted, it looks like the lenses are different. the first two have a 'clear' lens while it looks like the second two have a lens that is more opaque.

there could have been a design change that isnt registering at the parts store..........

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
logik23
1998 ZJ 

It's not a dark tint, just a really light tint, like this:

logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.