was there ever any 2wd zj's built? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > was there ever any 2wd zj's built?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

I mean I drive a 2wd 1998 zj 5.2 limited and I always ask myself what should I do with it fortunately I live it florida so it never snows and is super flat and I don't wanna get rid of it cause it was my grandfathers pride and joy so right now it's all stock but I would love to do some kind of mods to it but idk what haha

zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #32
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Heres a built 2wd:

Unread 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Is that your zj?!?
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
L_Kilkenny
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's nothing wrong with driving or wheeling 2WD SUV's and trucks. The first three trucks I had were all 2WD and boy did we have some fun in em. Heck, I used a '79 t-bird for a trapping vehicle for a season and hunted coyotes thru heavy snow with an '85 bird with good all season tires, posi rear and 3 or 4 sand bags in the trunk.

Now if you're wanting a honest to goodness wheelin rig than ya, 4WD is the only way to go. But honestly, even with all my outdoor activities, winter storms, plenty of muddy roads and fields, etc etc, there's not much around here I'd fear with a properly set up 2WD. It be better on gas, less parts to break and you know dang well what ya got from teh time you leave home to the time you get back.

All that being said, I have a truck and an SUV sitting in the drive, both are 4WD. Dang it's nice when I wonder if I'm doing something I shouldn't be. But I'm leaning towards finding a 2WD for a daily driver and GP outdoor rig project. And like in my younger years, not much I'd be afraid of.
L_Kilkenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #35
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjforlife View Post
Is that your zj?!?
Nah just one i eye ****ed a couple times. Looked like a straight forward swap
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #36
97ZJ-Ryan95
1997 ZJ 

Mines 2wd so much fun, plenty of mud is thrown around, might get a little tricky in some places that a 4wd would walk but it's so much more fun with 2wd!
image-284025645.jpg  
97ZJ-Ryan95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

But it takes alot of skill to drive 2wd off road and it will get me ready for when I get a 4x4 hahah
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

I like to push the limit in 2 then when I hit the limit pull the lever and keep on wheeling in 4.
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #39
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Wish I had that option lol
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #40
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjforlife View Post
Wish I had that option lol
I second that. Could've used it several times this last winter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.