Is there any way a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo could make a 3,000 mile trip? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Is there any way a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo could make a 3,000 mile trip?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

uh, I moved to cali from utah with non-california emissions on my ZJ and passed the test every time I took it in. I lived in a rural area, so perhaps that made a difference.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Why in the world would anyone voluntarily move to kalifornia
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvacdude View Post
Things I would make sure are good. Radiator, hoses, belt, water pump, steering pump, alternator, starter and brakes. All of those can fail with out warning. Check oil/trans fluid regularly during your trip. Take a set of metric wrenches, sockets, channel locks, and screwdrivers. all of the things I mentioned can be fixed on the road pretty easy. How's your karma ?
How often do you check the things you mentioned between normal oil changes? Do you always carry a set of tools on your vehicle? Like I wrote, a properly maintained vehicle will really not break down any easier than a newer one.

It sure is a good idea to check certain things before going on a long road trip and do occasional checks during it, but holy crap, you're not trying to drive around the world in rough terrain..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.