Are there 4.5l zjs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Are there 4.5l zjs?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 07-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Mr Q X
1995 ZJ 

Are there 4.5l zjs?

today i was out and about and saw a zj but it had a 4.5l sticker. Did they even make a 4.5l?

Mr Q X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
ajmorell

It was probably a stroked 4.0.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
sand zj
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell
It was probably a stroked 4.0.
I highly doubt that it was a stroker motor. My guess is that somebodys fat fingers typed/ wrote the wrong number.

'96 ZJ 7" LA, 318, 231, 8.8 (welded), d30 (LockRight), 4.10's, 33x13.5x16 TSL's, no interior...
sand zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

maybe a typo, maybe a stroked I6... 4.5,4.6, and 4.7 are popular strokes for bored 4.0's
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

If it isn't from the private seller, I doubt it's a stroker. I heard stroked 4Ls aren't compliant with fed. emission standards
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
ajmorell

All he said was that he saw a ZJ with a sticker on it. What makes you think it's not a stroker. He didn't say it was a "window sticker" I think he was referring to a decal he saw on it.
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
sand zj
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell
All he said was that he saw a ZJ with a sticker on it. What makes you think it's not a stroker. He didn't say it was a "window sticker" I think he was referring to a decal he saw on it.

I say this because-
1- If I put the money into a stroker I wouldn't be to quick to sell it.
2- If I put a stroker in my Jeep I would advertise it as such.
3- If I had fat fingers I could mistype that.
4- For all the "idiots" that call the 4.0 a V6 I am sure there are a few that might not know it is a 4.0 instead of a 4.5.
5- Law of odds say that it is much more likely to be a stocker.
6- Due to the fact that the earths gravitational pull compiled with Jupiters alignment with the Butterfinger Mini, the sticker may just be a typo...or the guy rode the short bus and doesn't know the difference.
7- Comm'on need I go on?

'96 ZJ 7" LA, 318, 231, 8.8 (welded), d30 (LockRight), 4.10's, 33x13.5x16 TSL's, no interior...
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
sand zj
1996 ZJ 

Yes if it was just driving down the road and he saw a sticker I would say the same things. Kinda like writing "RUBICON" on your Grand Cherokee.

Unread 07-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand zj
Yes if it was just driving down the road and he saw a sticker I would say the same things. Kinda like writing "RUBICON" on your Grand Cherokee.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I think a few just got confused and thought he was talking about a window sticker, not a decal type sticker.
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
erocksnow

my buddy just bought a cherokee that had a stroked 4.5L. only 10,000 miles after the guy built it. It passed emissions with flying colors by the way.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #67

2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited...sold
erocksnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
Mr Q X
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123
If it isn't from the private seller, I doubt it's a stroker. I heard stroked 4Ls aren't compliant with fed. emission standards
Dont have emission testing in Oregon. yes it did say stroker below the 4.5l on the sticker located on the back of the jeep where it would say v8 if it were one. it was kinda stock besides the small lift it had.
Mr Q X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Q X
Dont have emission testing in Oregon. yes it did say stroker below the 4.5l on the sticker located on the back of the jeep where it would say v8 if it were one. it was kinda stock besides the small lift it had.

take it for a spin. You'll know if it's a stroker
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.