Temperature gauge, reading low? Inaccurate? Fixed - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Temperature gauge, reading low? Inaccurate? Fixed

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-13-2013, 05:46 AM   #16
Yoda95
1995 ZJ 

I have this same problem, running way cold. I have decided to change the sending unit, but are the part numbers the same for front and rear on a 95 4.0...and which one do I replace? Both? Front is for PCM, rear is for gauge...but which is the cold run issue? Thanks for the clarification. They look the same for all part numbers listed.

Edit: I re-read the post and realize that the rear one is the only one listed here...but what is the part number for the sensor up front?

Which one has the two prongs, and which one has the one prong?

I read elsewhere that if the sensor up front is bad, I would get CEL and codes, and if the rear is bad the gauge may not function at all. The gauge seems to function, it just stays way cold.

Would the front temp sensor (as opposed to rear sending unit) cause it to run really cold? I am not up for changing the thermo just yet, I was hoping it is just the front sensor...

Any information would be great, thanks!

Yoda95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
temperature gauge , temperature sensor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.