Temp Switch Sender/Coolant Temp Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Temp Switch Sender/Coolant Temp Sensor

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 07-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
pennyduke
1998 ZJ 

Temp Switch Sender/Coolant Temp Sensor

Can anyone show me where these 2 sensors or senders are on a 1996 ZJ 4.0L. I read that one of them has 2 wires and the other is has 1 wire. I have one on the T-Stat housing and one on the intake manifold. They look the same but have different part numbers. Im replacing everything to do with the cooling system one part at a time until it quits overheating.Thanks

pennyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Since yours is a 96 you should only have 1 sender. The 96-98 had the gauge ran by the pcm with no need for a second sender.

The one on the thermostat should be the only coolant temperature sender you have. The 93-95 4.0's had a second sender on the very back of the block, under the wiring for the injectors, 3" from the firewall and a ***** to change.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
pennyduke
1998 ZJ 

The parts store gave me 2 numbers for the 1996. Coolant Temp Sensor (WT3027Z) and a Temp Switch/Sender (WT428P). They both look just like the one on the Intake. Im pretty sure no coolant flows through the Intake.
pennyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

That sounds like the IAT, what you want is the sensor that plugs into the side of the thermostat housing/water outlet.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.